VIRGIN COOKING COCONUT OIL

Friday 4 October 2019

My story on Mysore pak





                               
                    





My cherishable story on Mysore pak. Well it was Christmas time, accurately to say the very day before Christmas.My term holidays were on. Myself and my siblings were on the hunt for sweets and savouries.
While I was playing with my sissy, I could smell the hot ghee sitting in the hall. My mom usually prepared ghee at home those times. Tempted to know what's getting ready I slowly peeped into the kitchen entrance where I could see my sweaty hardworking mother making Mysore pak well all alone in the kitchen.

It was her first time as far as I knew she was making Mysore pak. She was so busy with two ladles each in one hand and on two burners constantly stirring them. I could still recollect that scene in front of my eyes. I really pitied her at that time. 

We knew we two sisters were the disturbance factors there. Yet with childishness loaded with inquisitiveness we couldn't resist seeing her perform the skill.We really wanted to know how it would result.

Those were the days when we didn't have any kinda YOUTUBE CHANNELS showing up live recipes, TV COOKERY SHOWS even not much picture perfect recipes in magazines òr cook books. May be one could attempt a new recipe listened piping hot from somebody's mouth or a neighbour, may be when we visit our relatives houses well getting their authentic or their own family recipe.


Reiterating our very own story of Mysore pak. AMIDST ALL THE CHAOS AND SO MUCH OF HARDWORK we got something to gaze at as a dark brown crumbled sweet completed roasted. Oh!I couldn't tell you how embarrassed and truly shy my loving mom felt on that day. She was totally upset.
We all made all the effort possible to cheer her up. But you would be awestruck and wonder to know how tasty that brown sugary besan crumble tasted. It tasted absolutely heaven on her taste buds. I swear and tell that was most tasty Mysore pak I've tasted on earth. No hands can make it. It might sound rather weird and blown up but it was something to be felt and makes me even recollect after decades together. The way we fought to eat that is remarkable. May be the love and bond we shared and tasted with togetherness.



I feel odd to say I have begged my mom to do it again for me the same way but ironically then after it always came in correct form and shape. I personally have sneaked and tried to do that tasty disaster again, but never turned out.

MY NEVER FADING STORY...........


Hope many of you would have some silly cherishable stories related to your kitchen please do share it with me for sure in the comment section............

Catch you soon with another blog and recipe...........
Always be kind and loving.

MARY FERNANDEZ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE HOMESTYLE SAMBAR RECIPE THAT MAKES YOU FEEL AT HOME

HI DEAR FRIENDS, THE HOMESTYLE SAMBAR RECIPE THAT MAKES YOU FEEL AT HOME FOOD IS ALWAYS NOT ONLY ABOUT TASTE,FOOD AS HUMANS CONNECTS A LOT O...

MY POPULAR RECIPES